1.Definition of Terms
“You” and “Your” means the company or business ordering Gift Cards from Us
“ASDA” or “We” or “Us” or “Our” means ASDA Stores Limited whose registered office is at ASDA House, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD
“Account” means Your online account created when You register to place Orders for Gift Cards via the Site and Your registration request has been accepted by Us.
“Business Days” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or UK public holiday.
“Deliver” means Us delivering the Gift Cards to You at the address stated in Your Order and “Delivery” and “Delivered” shall be interpreted accordingly.
“Gift Cards” means an ASDA branded closed loop plastic gift card, electronic voucher or electronic token issued by Us which, when activated and loaded with credit, Our customers may spend at any ASDA store (excluding Petrol Filling Stations) or other point of sale in the United Kingdom as We decide from time to time.
“Order” means an order for Gift Cards placed by You via the Site including the associated payment.
“Site” means Our business to business Gift Card Site at www.asdaforbusiness.com
1. Our Site invites You to buy Gift Cards from Us. Once You have placed an Order on the Site and We have accepted Your Order We will send You an Order acknowledgement and a secure Order ID 3 Business Days from the point Your Order is accepted by Us. A legally binding contract with You will only arise once We have issued this acknowledgement.
2. Upon our acceptance of an Order We will supply ASDA Gift Cards to You in accordance with these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt all other terms, whether contained or referred to in any Order or in any other document, are hereby excluded.
2. Registration and use of the site
1. To place an Order for Gift Cards You must register for an account at the site.
2. Once your application has been received, money laundering and validation checks will be carried out on the company information and director information provided. You will be informed of our decision to allow you to buy ASDA Gift Cards within 3 Business Days. We reserve the right to decline a new customer registration or to suspend or disable Your account at any time and at Our sole discretion. Money laundering and validation checks will be carried out at least once every two years.
3. If Your application is accepted You will allowed to place Orders via the Site. You will have created or been allocated a username and password which You must use whenever You Order Gift Cards from Us. You must treat Your username and password as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party. Please keep this information in a safe place because You will be responsible for all activities and Orders made under Your password and username. If You think that someone else may either know or be using Your username and password, please contact Us immediately.
3. Purchase, Orders and Delivery
1. Following an order for a Gift Card being placed ASDA will issue an invoice to you within 3 Business Days. If payment is not made within 21 days of the date of the invoice your order will be cancelled.
2. Gift Cards are issued by ASDA Stores Ltd., Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD.
3. We will not process any Gift Card Orders until payment has cleared into Our bank account.
4. Payment for Orders must be made via BACS, CHAPS or Faster Payment into the Asda bank details provided to You via email when You place an Order. No credit will be given on Orders for Gift Cards and payment for all Orders must be made in full.
5. Any payment error resulting in an over payment for an Order will be refunded 28 days after proof of overpayment has been supplied and verified by Us. To claim a refund, You must complete our refund request form. The amount refunded to You, will be the amount You overpaid, less the 1.5% admin charge of your overpayment value. The admin charge will cover colleague and admin support of your order and refund processing.
6. Once You have paid for Your Order, You cannot cancel the Order.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any Order and also reserves the right to immediately suspend the fulfilment of an Order if You are in breach, or We suspect you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions or in circumstances where we have reason to suspect You are involved in any money laundering or fraudulent activities.
8. Gift Cards will be issued to You within 3 business days of payment having cleared Our bank account.
9. All Gift Card orders will be dispatched inactive but loaded with the levels of credit You have selected as part of Your Order.
10. You must activate the Gift Cards within 60 days of the date Your Order is accepted by us, this date will be on Your Order confirmation email from Us.. Gift Cards can be activated by You via Your online Account. If You fail to activate the Gift Card within this period We reserve the right to cancel the Order. Once the Order is cancelled, the amount of your Order will refunded to You, less the 1.5% admin charge of your Order value. The admin charge will cover colleague and admin support of your order and refund processing.
11. Gift Cards will be delivered to You by delivery service decided by Asda. Risk will pass to the You upon delivery, and title will pass to You upon Our acceptance of Your Order.
12. You must notify Us as soon as You are aware of non-delivery of Gift Cards and in any event within 24 hours of the expected delivery date. If any Gift Cards are missing from your Order, please notify Us within 72 hours of delivery.
13. We cannot be held liable for lost/stolen Gift Cards or any credit amounts on such cards.
14. ASDA has the right to amend any discount offered on bulk purchases by businesses at any time and with immediate effect. If we do decide to change these terms and conditions, that change will not apply to any Gift Cards which you purchased before we made the change. It will only apply to any Gift Cards which you purchase after we have made the change.
15. Customers are not permitted to re-sell any ASDA Gift Cards, unless such resale was disclosed during the order process.
16. Any personal or company data obtained will be held and processed by Us or any third party appointed by Us or our permitted contractors in accordance with relevant legislation. Personal or company data will not be passed to any other organisation except where it is necessary to do so to fulfil your Order.
17. ASDA undertake anti-money laundering checks on all businesses and directors listed during the registration process. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to allow these checks to be performed.
18. Gift Cards are not sold on a sale or return basis and returns will not be permitted.
4. Gift Card Usage
1. Gift Cards may be used as payment for goods (in whole of in part) where the Gift Card is presented or detailed provided at the in store check-out point of sale.
2. The balance of an Gift Cards can be used for purchases in full or part payment (excluding third party concessions or products, Petrol and Lottery tickets) at any time.
3. No change (cash) will be given on an Gift Card for the balance on the Gift Card.
4. ASDA reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions that apply or discontinue the gift card at any time. Any notification of such change will be displayed at the Customer Service Desk in all ASDA Stores and on Asda’s website. If we do decide to change these terms and conditions, that change will not apply to any Gift Cards which you purchased before we made the change. It will only apply to any Gift Cards which you purchase after we have made the change.
5. Gift Cards are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of the users` last transaction. After this point the Gift Card will not be able to be used and any unused balance on the Gift Card will be lost.
1. No trade mark, service mark, corporate name or other trading name of ASDA or any of Our subsidiary companies may be used by you without You first obtaining Our prior written permission.
2. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are found by any court to be invalid or unenforceable such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
3. A person who is not a party to this agreement will acquire no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or take the benefit of any of these terms and conditions.
4. Your breach of these terms and conditions will entitle US to discontinue supply immediately and seek legal remedy available for injunction, damages or otherwise.
5. We reserve the right at any time to alter any of the above terms and conditions but undertake that before We do so We will provide You with reasonable notice. You may not vary or attempt to vary these terms and conditions.
6. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect Your statutory rights or the statutory rights of any end user of the Gift Cards.
7. Any agreement to supply Gift Cards to You shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.